Can Tailgating Food Be Tasty AND Healthy?
Dilemma: You want to bring a tasty snack to your tailgating party, but you want to feel good about chowing down.
Dilemma no more! Here’s a recipe that will delight your tastebuds and is better for you, too!
Pumpkin Pie Tailgating Mix
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1.5 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex® cereal
- 3 cups Corn Chex® cereal
- 1 cup Honey Nut Chex® cereal
- 8 oz pecans
*Optional: Add dried cranberries
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
- In small microwave-safe dish, microwave butter on high about 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in vanilla.
- In large microwavable bowl, mix all cereals, pecans, and dried cranberries.
- Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly distributed.
- Add sugar and spice mixture and stir until coated.
- Microwave uncovered on high for 5 minutes or until mixture begins to brown, stirring every minute.
- Spread on wax paper or a cookie sheet to cool. Store in airtight container or plastic gallon bag and head to the game!
See this recipe in action and learn more tailgating tips by watching the full video below:
Leave a Reply