When you’re out in the sunshine, make sure your cooler is packed with healthy treats! Here’s one tasty recipe that can travel with you:
Walk Around Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Cropped Spinach Leaves
- Fresh Strawberries (sliced)
- Roasted Pecans (chopped) or pine nuts
- Crumbled feta or goat cheese (optional)
- Dressing: Choose a raspberry balsamic. (I prefer Annie’s Naturals.)
- The amount of ingredients will vary depending on how many plastic cups you want to fill.
- Take 16 oz clear plastic cups and layer the ingredients in the order listed above. (I like to choose the biodegradable or compostable brands of cups)
- Typically can get at least 2 layers of each ingredient in.
- Once the cup is full of ingredients, cover with plastic wrap on top and seal with a rubber band.
- Put in cooler with cold packs!
Voila! A tasty, cool treat for your cooler!
See this and other recipes by watching the full video below: