This week I visited WCCO to talk about marathon nutrition. As a runner myself (I have run half and full marathons as well as many 5ks), I know how important it is to train your eating as well as your running! Here are a few quick tips from my visit:
- Start a week before the race. A week before is when you start really thinking about the race, so start eating intentionally in advance as well.
- Don’t skip meals — your body needs all the nutrients you can give it now for the race later.
- Eat good fuel. Make sure you’re getting enough carbohydrates and that you’re eating whole, healthy foods.
- See what works for you. Everyone is different. Just like everyone has to find what running shoes work for them, everyone has to learn through trial and error what foods and snacks work best with their body. Experiment! … Just not on Race Day. =)
- Don’t forget to hydrate, too!
You can watch the whole video by clicking the picture or by clicking here.